Monday, April 12, 2010

Tart Recipe!


I've had a request for the tart recipe, so I thought I would share it here for everyone!  The Lemon Curd is from good 'ole Martha, and this the crust recipe and assembly instructions....



1 1/2 C Flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 Butter
1/4 Sugar
1 egg - lightly beaten

Combine Flour and salt in a bowl. Combine butter & sugar in a food processor and mix until light and fluffy. Add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture. Gradually add the beaten egg until a ball forms. I don't usually chill this dough, but I think it would roll better if it were chilled for about 20 - 30 mins.
Bake in a tart pan (mine is 10" and probably too big, 9" would be better) w/ removable bottom, in a 400 oven for about 15 - 20 mins. I don't usually cook it for the full 20 mins. I also poke holes in the bottom and add pie weights (or dried beans) to the bottom of the crust while baking.

After the crust is baked and cooled, I spread the lemon curd on the bottom and arrange fruit (kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) on top of that. I then melt maybe 3 or 4 tablespoons of apricot jelly in a saucepan, and spread that on top of everything. I can never get my apricot stuff to spread very easily over the top. I wonder if there is a trick to that? Anyway, it's a pretty tasty tart. Everyone loves it! And it's darn pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment