Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day...

I did my usual routine on Sunday - morning yoga & run. Here are a few snaps of my jog home.  I have never photographed the Leslie Iwai sculptures near Elmwood, until today.  I still remember seeing the light on underneath her studio door at the Hot Shops,  hearing the whir of her sewing machine in the wee hours of the night, the huge pieces of plastic fabric spread all over the 3rd floor, the anguish of having one of the bags stolen, the worry of whether or not this experimental project would work, the many conversations about the bags being strong enough to hold the concrete, eating cheese and crackers and drinking gobs of lattes from my lame espresso maker........

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was there earlier this morning, maybe around 10. Must have missed you! It's my favorite route. I've photographed Leslie's sculptures, too. Your shots are better.

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

    ReplyDelete