Saturday, June 26, 2010

1st Time Casting....

....success!  Yesterday was the first time I used my kiln and vacuum.  This group of castings turned out perfectly.  However, the other flask did not, due to my impatience.  Had I had the right torch, I'm certain it would have been a success.  I'm still waiting for the bid to come up on Ebay for a proper casting torch.  I also decided that steel toed boots, and long pants, are probably something I should consider while casting.  Flip flops and mini skirt don't do much protecting.  The very, very hot flasks are heavy and awkward to maneuver while wearing heavy insulated gloves.  While I managed to not drop the flask- I can see it happening.  Can't imagine how a 950 degree flask would feel like on my toes....
P.S. Blogger still sucks!  Uploading pictures is no easy task.  Why all of a sudden is blogger so darn finicky?!  Wieners!

No comments:

Post a Comment