Friday, July 23, 2010

New Dress....

This pattern, this fabric & these shoes......... darn cute!  I finally finished the Burda pattern dress.  I would have been done sooner, but it took 3 attempts to get the zipper right....duh. 
I've never sewn with cotton double gauze, but I love it.  It's 2 layers of really light weight gauze that's lightly sewn together.  At first I thought it was somehow woven together, but if you look closely you can see the very tiny stitches that hold the 2 layers.  Purl has quite a nice selection of double gauze....check it out!  I practically basted the entire dress.  I was afraid of sewing tiny stitches, because I knew ripping out wouldn't be easy.  Since I was brain dead while installing the zipper, I was glad for those big stitches!  It's pretty delicate fabric, but really beautiful.  There are pleats at the top on the front, and darts at the top back.  There are pleats around the waist on the front and back and then a sewn ribbon belt.....  Make it!  It's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment