Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Tote...

I decided that the gi-normous, black leather bag Dennis gave in October, needed to be retired.  Even completely empty, that thing was heavy.  Of course, I have to load it down with a lot of useless crap, which then meant I was lugging around my body weight.  The bigger the bag, the more crap you tend to cram in it.  Sooooo, I decided to make another big tote....yep....dern smart.  At least with this bag, there will be some organization to the crap I throw in there.  I made it from old LeJacquard napkin & tablecloth samples from Kathy, and old fabric samples from Jack Kostitch (famous interior designer to the stars).  Anyhoo, I thought it turned out pretty okay.  I made a big pocket in the front, which will have a lovely bulge when filled with useless crap, and there are two pockets on the inside.  For the tabs holding the handles, I had saved a piece of wired ribbon from a gift, so I pulled the thin wire out and used it for the tabs.  The thin wire I can use for jewelry or maybe incorporate it into a knitting project!  Huge score!  No materials were purchased to make this tote which makes it even better.  I did a little cannibalizing to complete it though, but that's okay, it was all stuff that was probably going to get thrown out anyway...
I thought about making another one and selling it on Etsy, but I'd have to factor in the pain-in the-ass cost, which would make it waaay too pricey.....

I had to throw in my weekly dog picture of Punch & Judy......

No comments:

Post a Comment