Monday, October 25, 2010

Slouchy Beret.........

.....made from uber soft & my personal favorite (second to Koigu of course) Blue Sky Alpaca yarn...


The pattern  is from: Boutique Knits by Laura Irwin.  I think I've made 4 items from this book, it's a total winner!!  I love almost every pattern in it and plan on doing at least one more thing.  So many books or pattens turn out to be such duds, but not this one!

I added a few rows of elastic, just to give it a more fitted look along the ribbed edge.  Often times my ribbing isn't tight enough to keep the hat from sliding over my eyes, so to avoid the "hamburglar" look I thought the elastic would be the best solution.   I also took the advice in the book to, cover my own buttons, glad I did!  I had a small piece of blue brocade that was perfect and pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment