Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recap of Weekend...



Thursday I started making tutus for the Living History run on Saturday.  They turned out pretty darn cute.  Cute enough that I thought about incorporating mine into my regular wardrobe.



Snuggie costumes!


TG can rock a tutu AND a tiara!  Your mother would be proud.

Grace before a fall.....
Saturday, TG and I left at O' dark thrity (5:30a.m.) for DesMoines.  It was a rather slow 2 1/2 hour drive as I had to make a number of pit stops along the way.  Seems as though I get "competitive nerves".  Even knowing that I'm not in contention to win, or even place in the top 10 of my age division, I get highly competitive.  I did finish in a respectable 1446th out of more than 7500 runners, 76 in my class.  I think I could have finished higher, but I think I was bogged down with the weight of my tiara, and I think my tutu caused considerable drag..  :)  Plus, I biffed pretty bad with about a mile to go.  I'm not sure what caused my fall, I simply hit the ground. Dumb.
Check out this link showing some of the other wacky costumes and were worn during the race.  
As always, it was a great time.  Wish I didn't have to wait an entire year to go again...

No comments:

Post a Comment