Sunday, July 17, 2011

Spinning and Bread Combo....

I dug out my old drop spindle yesterday after noticing that the price of yarn has been on a steady increase (boo hiss!), I thought it might be a good time to learn to spin.  After I perfect my spinning,  I'll get a goat and possibly some sheep.  Think the neighbors would notice?  Kidding Dennis, I won't get sheep before I get chickens...  I have to mention that my spinning has greatly improved since my last attempt, thanks to this lady.  I get the hang of it, but I'm still all thumbs, plus, I can't decide to be a lefty, or a righty.  I'm a lefty, that does most things as a righty, but this spinning process sometimes seems easier as a lefty.  It posed a few problems with spinning direction at times, so I guess I need to decide to be one or the other.....  I guess that would explain my perpetual state of confusion...




I also tried a new King Arthur Flour recipe.  Following them on Facebook has been dangerous.  Their stuff is so friggin' good I can hardly stand it.  I'll also blame them for the increasing size of my b'donka-donk. Dammit. I better be careful; after more than 5000 miles logged on my treadmill, it's starting to take a crap.  If that thing blows, I'm breaking up with King Arthur.... Adios King.  But seriously, is that not a beautiful loaf of bread? Long live the King!  Until my pants don't fit....

No comments:

Post a Comment