Friday, May 29, 2015

The Coop Progression Continues

While I was in DC (those trips pics to follow in another post) Dennis perfected the foundation of the coop by adding pea gravel and sand to level the surface. The pavers will provide a solid place for the base of the coop to stand - it looks pretty good so far! Then, Dennis scouted around for some old barn wood to construct a door for the coop. He found some great, old pieces on Craigslist. I love the rustic, old feel of the wood, I think it will be perfect for the coop. I've been researching chickens online, and I think I've decided on, in addition to the two Bantams that my friend is giving me, a Buff Orpington and a Wyandotte.Dennis has convinced me to raise them from tiny, right out of the egg, chicks, which I think I will do. I can't wait until the coop is a little further along so I can set up a warming incubator and find my perfect chicks!


No comments:

Post a Comment