Friday, April 29, 2016

The Past Few Weeks

Where do I begin? The last few weeks have been jam packed with stuff. I should begin with the PBR. For my birthday, Denny bought tickets for us to attend the Professional Bull Riding event at the Qwest center. It's something that has been on my bucket list for a while. I rustled up a plaid shirt, a pair of jeans, and my favorite cowboy boots for the big show. I hoped to god I didn't look like a geeked-out newbie. Thankfully, I didn't. I loved the whole show. I'm fascinated with anyone who would get on such a huge animal and risk getting stomped on. Even if they don't get romped on, the long term effects of all that whip-lashing can't be good. All that stuff aside, we had a blast.**Note: two guys did get stomped, and one was carried out unconscious.Bummer.  
 Before the show I spent the day checking out garage sales. Thanks to a friend who tipped me off about a fab garage sale not far from here, I scored a 1948 Franklin sewing machine. Franklin's were produced by Kenmore. This gem has the coolest wooden carrying case, and the best thing about this machine? It's perfect! Not a scratch, and not even a shred of "thread fuzz" on it. I honestly don't think this machine was ever used. The case is in perfect tack as well. Did I mention it works, too? A total score for $20. Dennis asked me what my plans are for it. I think I'll just stare at it for a while.... 
 The day after the PBR I volunteered for the Color Vibe run downtown. Some of the proceeds will benefit my office. I thought parking would be a nightmare, so what did I do to avoid it? I ran from my house to downtown, then walked back. Ten plus miles. I think next year I'll drive, as traffic was practically nil. I had fun on my trek, I must say. It's funny the things you notice when you are walking or running. 
 My latest sewing project is a baby quilt. I've been eyeballing this pattern for a while. It is quite a fiddly pattern, with more itty bitty pieces than I care to discuss, but really, it is so worth the effort. I like it so much I might make another for myself! 
 Work took me to Hooper, NE on Wednesday. I would love to take over the office for the rural counties. I don't know what it is about those small towns, but I love them. They are fun to explore, and historically they are fascinating. I would have liked to wander around the two blocks of the downtown, but crappy weather was predicted, so I blew outta there when I finished my presentation. I love that job, there are no words to describe it. It's fun, interesting, and different everyday. 
 Here are some pics to correspond with the past few weeks.


In a bush just off to the left, there was a black, lacey bra swinging in the wind. And no, it was not mine. These bottles were cool as hell though. I'm sure these are souvenirs of many a drunken night. 
This is my Fancy Forest baby quilt. I just so happen to think this will be a treasure of a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment