Monday, February 7, 2011

Ice, Apple Tarts & Knitting....

The first of 2 apple tarts!

Boredom has set in after 3 days off.  Go back to work already!!

Nearly completed 2nd Flocked Mitten

An amber ring for Steve Kinkaid.

First of 2 linings for Flocked mittens

More ice and snow.  I'm sick of bitchin' about it.
A recap of the last few weeks.....

The French Apple Tart by the Barefoot Contessa is so worth the time.  The recipe is easy,  although arranging the apples on the crust is time consuming, it's so worth it.  It was not only tasty, but yummy too....

Dennis had almost 3 days off of work, due to the snow and lack of work enthusiasm.  That time off resulted in boredom and a lot of needling.  I think Den needs to find an inside, cold weather hobby.  Maybe knitting?

I finished up a sterling/amber ring for a friend.  I think it turned out pretty darn cool.  I put my limited lapidary skills to use, by cutting and inlaying the amber myself.  Amber is so soft, there wasn't much skill needed.  I did learn that the older the amber, the more stable the material.

I've started the first of 2 linings for my Flocked Mittens.  The linings go fast, so hopefully by the weekend I'll have them completed.  I'm using Koigu for the lining and I have to say (cover your eyes Koigu fans) I think I like Tern by Quince & Co better....  Wow.  That stung a little.  I never thought anything could knit up better than Koigu.  I feel like a traitor....

I'm very patiently waiting for my Knit Picks yarn to arrive.  I swear they must be the last company/people on earth that still use Pony Express to deliver.  They estimate their packages to arrive within 5 to 14 days.  Seriously? 14 days? They are only located in Washington, not Albania. Giddy-up. My next project is the Rainy Day Fingerless Gloves - using the Knit Picks wool.  At $1.99 a ball, I couldn't resist giving it a try.

At this time I would also like to eat a little crow.  My last snow storm posting  declared that the mule would not be returning to shovel, as I predicted that we would not be getting any more snow.  It snow.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment