Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gnocchi and Kringle Perfection.....

I've spent two days making Gnocchi.  I've come a long way from my first attempt many years ago.  I think I've come as close to perfection as I'm going to get.  It's not Pasta Amore quality, but darn close...  Man, do I love those soft little pillows of tastiness...

I also made a new dessert today - a Kringle.  I guess I would describe it as a danish.  It's not too sweet, and has a nice chewy/flaky texture.  It was darn good as a tasty breakfast item, or an anytime thing with coffee.  I will definitely be making that again.  You can find the recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs.  Can't say I've ever made anything from that blog that was bad - ever!  So give some of her recipes a try, they're good and pretty easy.

Let's see, what else....

 Denny spent night and day whamming on the "turds" in the man cave.  I'm getting used to the smell of gasoline.  Kind of think of it as cologne these days. 

The sight I'm most familiar with - the back of his pointy little head. 

Bond-o brain




Stylish mesh cap - no I didn't make it. 
Tasty almond kringle.



 Den got a little creative with a plastic mesh bag that held brussell spouts.  He fashioned a sweet little cap.  I like the point, it works nicely with his already pointy head.  I guess I'd be more impressed if he crocheted it, or something...   

I took a few more bug pics.  This one was dead.  Chirped his last chirp.  Kind of weird, he just died- dead in his tracks.  Bummer.  I snapped a few flower pics, kind of boring, but they sure are pwitty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment