Monday, December 5, 2011

A Full Weekend and the Start of Winter Quarter.....

Saturday night was a festive party at Christi's. What can I say? It was fun and good to see such great friends. I was only a smidge disappointed by Denny's "at home" behavior. Really, it was just like he was at home. His shoes were off, his feet were up on the couch, he hogged the clicker and someone brought him his dessert. Obviously we need a manners review before we attend anymore parties.... Naughty. Twila would be agast. The pics below are proof. At least his socks were clean and he didn't fart a tune. Sunday was knitting day and prep work for this week's dessert, which is a french apple tart. The past 2, school free weeks were disaster in some ways. I fell back into my homey, cook-y, knit-y ways. I blocked all memory of school and work and homework (and all algebra) in those few weeks, so going back today forced me into my pre-planning,buckle down, unrelaxed, anxiety ridden state. Ack. I hate it.
The last of my Christmas projects....
My year long goal to make all my Christmas presents has ended. I have to say, I enjoyed every stitch of it and may do it again, but not next year. I kicked off my "all about me" knitting year with the Peerie Flooers pattern. Oh Fairisle knitting and Scotland I love you so....The beginning of my Fairisle project and a year of knitting for me..... Did I mention I love Fairisle and Scotland? All things woolly, including sheep? Well, in case I forgot....

No comments:

Post a Comment