Monday, December 19, 2011

Is It Possible to Love a Mitten This Much?

I'm afraid it is so. Sorry Dennis, you've been trumped by a mitten. I stayed up way too late last night, to bust out the first Peerie Flooers mitten. I love the little flower pattern and Kate Davies* has done a fantastic job of combining colors. The Rowan fingering weight yarn comes in a slew of colors, but I don't think there is a better combo than this one. I'm placing my yarn order this week to make the matching hat. If you knit the mittens with the Rowan yarn, all you need for the hat are the two main colors. There is more than enough leftover in the contrasting yarns to make the hat. I'm not sure why, but I like the patterning on the thumb. Maybe it's the splashy bit of color at the base. The icord bit on the cuff is a sweet detail, a bit of finishing perfection. My goal is to bust out the second one in time for Christmas. I doubt I'll give these away, but you never know.....
I have to take a minute to brag a bit. I had 15 minutes of "crafty" fame last night on Knittingclub.com. This is the second time they have featured one of my knitting projects. It's incredible how the simplest of projects gets the most noise. Who knew? Half the impressiveness with that pattern was the fantastic Alpaca yarn, without that it was relatively ho-hum. The color was catchy, the cable made it just a tad bit interesting without being too pattern-y. *For all you knitters out there, read Kate Davies blog, It's beautiful and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment