Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day-Dreamy Day

Today's canoe adventure took us directly opposite of Old Town. Gina and I spotted a few interesting houses from the dock yesterday, so we made a point to check them out today. As we approached the bigger house, the owner lady was near the lake, cleaning off her dock. We told her we had seen her house from a distance, and we hoped she didn't mind our nosiness. It was a gorgeous house, a bit big for me, but very fitting for the area and surroundings. She told us she feels like Cinderella every day. Sweet...

We then headed to a shallow area of the lake that extends quite a ways toward the middle of the lake; it's  marked with buoys for the boats. It was a lot less shallow than last year. For whatever reason I've always wanted to stand out there, so I did. Last year I could have easily walked to the middle of the lake, not the case this year. Although it is clearly shallow, it is also evident that there is a very sharp drop off on either side. It's barely a sliver of a visible surface. 

Buoy hugger, and weird face maker!


Still life - watermelon juice and dried mandarins on rock. Take that all you fancy-pants, famous still life artists!

Our goose from yesterday. Her flock is gone; so sad. All she has now are the plastic swans atop the platform. 

This tree tipped over, exposing the roots; I thought it was kind of interesting. 

We went to Grannies Pantry, or as I call it, Grannies Panties, for some crappy candy. I love jelly candies. 



My new favorite piece of furniture. I'd love to sneak it home! Although  It would be terribly hard to knit in it, as it's an instant sleep aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment